Why should you consider cloud-based backup? Consider these statistics:
- Between 70% to 90% of businesses who lose data due to catastrophe, hacking, or hardware failure close within 12 months.
- Shocking as that is, more than 60% close within 6 months.
- 6% of computers will have a catastrophic data loss.
- 40% of data loss is due to hardware failure.
- 29% of data loss is due to human error.
- Companies who don’t resume normal operations within 10 days will close within a year.
- The cost of data loss is estimated to be $200 USD per record.
- Viruses and malware are a major contributing factor to data loss and lost working hours and sometimes recovery is only possible with a backup or costly ransom.
As frightening as that is, it is fairly cheap to insure yourself or your organization against data loss by making use of cloud-based backup. Since cloud-based backup is not only offsite, but geographically separate, it allows organizations to return to work quickly in the event of any major data loss at the primary work site.